Meeting Your Daimon: The Eye of Imagination
A seven week course: January 29th – 12th March 2021
Fridays, 11.00am – 12.30pm, via zoom with Angela Voss
In this course we will explore the origins of what William Blake called ‘the divine imagination’ – that faculty we all have but few use, according to Plotinus, which enables us to see into the spiritual world. Themes will include:
- Plotinus and the Neoplatonic cosmos;
- Becoming divine:
- Iamblichus’ theurgic rituals;
- the secret life of statues: awakening the life of the world;
- natural magic and astrology in the Renaissance;
- Henry Corbin and the mundus imaginalis;
- Carl Jung and James Hillman – the therapeutic power of active imagination;
- restoring the imaginal eye: becoming cosmic in the 21st century.
There will be readings and reflections set for each week, which will consist of a combination of lecture and seminar format. Places are limited so do book up early to avoid disappointment.